Friday, August 10, 2018

Ice Cream Days Are the Best

I love when we get to have ice cream at recess.
It's always the best because we get lined up to go outside after a long day of wracking our brains to figure out the problems our teachers give us and then.... out we go!
I always make sure I'm the first one to get in line for my ice cream. The man running the ice cream stand was always really nice to me. I would walk up to him and tell him my order. I liked the chocolate ice cream with the little raisins in them. I always got that same flavor every time. I didn't even have to say it, the nice man always had it ready when I got there.
Today was ice cream day and I was already at the stand.
"Hello Mister!" I said with a grin.
He laughed. That's all he ever did. He was always so nice.
I took my ice cream from him and turned to walk away when the kid behind me bumped me and knocked my ice cream to the ground.
"No...." now the raisins will crawl away before I get to have any.
I stared at my crumbled up ice cream on the ground, tears welling up in my eyes. Who knew when I would get to have another one.
"no...No...NO...NOOOO!!!" I screamed. This isn't fair! I turned to the kid who had bumped me. It was the same kid who always messed up my fun.
"NO!" I screamed at him.
He sighed and told me to pipe down.
"NO!! YOU RUINED MY ICE CREAM!" I began to hit him. I just wanted an apology. He grabbed me and suddenly I was surrounded. They were putting that ugly white jacket on me again. I hate this jacket. I hate this school.
"Back to your room, you psycho" the kid said to me. Of course, back to these problems.
Back to trying to get out of this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something ALL Parents Need to Know....

For the past few days (7 and counting) I have had children in my care. The first two days I agreed to watch my friend's kids, the weeken...