Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Goodbyes (poem for Cindy)


Goodbyes
By Patricia Liggins
Dedicated to Cynthia Woods
R.I.P August 8, 2018

please read while listening to "Goodbyes" by Jorja Smith


What word is there that could express the way that I feel today
The thought that has shot through my mind again and again
Something that I have avoided since the day that this word became truth….

Goodbye

Oh, yes, that was the word
The word that bring tears to my eyes
Whenever I try to imagine uttering them into existence
That was the word that I had so easily forgotten.

Goodbye

For now, because you are on to bigger and better things
Things that only my heart could imagine ever getting to land eyes on
Things that you earned with each passing breath
And with every single intentional movement you made

Goodbye

For now, because you have worked so hard all of your days
And now it is your turn to enjoy peace
Now it is your turn to enjoy relaxation
Now it is your time to be with The One who loved you even more than I have

Goodbye

Because I still have work to do on this side
But I know that you are watching;
Smiling at every one of my greatest moments,
And supporting me through every one of my obstacles

Until I come out victorious
Until my work here is done
Until it is my time to join you and The only One who loved me more than you have
Until then….

Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something ALL Parents Need to Know....

For the past few days (7 and counting) I have had children in my care. The first two days I agreed to watch my friend's kids, the weeken...