Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Scatterbrains


"Excuse me, miss but you forgot your bag" the young man standing before me said. He held the blue purse out for me to grab and with a smile on his face.

We've been doing this for some time, he and I. He's always been there. Many years and many events have come and gone in my life but this same young man has always been there. Today is my 25th anniversary and I still mess up. I still leave things around.

On the train.

In a seat.

On a counter.

I put them down and forget to pick them back up.

Gosh, if my head weren't attached to my shoulders I'd leave that one behind. And every time, this sweet young man always been right there.

Always... watching.

I take the bag from him and shuffle away. I open the purse to see the bloody knife I used to celebrate this year's anniversary.

I'll have to invite him to my next anniversary as a thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something ALL Parents Need to Know....

For the past few days (7 and counting) I have had children in my care. The first two days I agreed to watch my friend's kids, the weeken...